Saturday, July 10, 2010

Moving and Packing 101


Moving houses is always a new adventure. You move into a new house and territory which is most of the time in a new neighborhood. It is always fun and exciting except for one part : PACKING!!! It is the worst part of the move; it is not fun at all. It is just endless hours of packing up furniture, dishes, clothes and so on. It takes a lot longer than you think it does.

I am moving houses so that means....packing. We have been packing for about almost a month now and we have barely made a dent. One of the worst rooms to pack is your bedroom. At first it seems easy when you pack the simple books and clothes (the big things). But, once you get to the junk and small things that have been building up in your room over the past years is not so simple. Some things you don't know what to do with it! Should I throw it out? Or should I keep it but, I might not use it though. Also, you get very distracted. You find things that you never knew you had, or haven't seen in years. It took me total of about two days to pack up all my things. It probably should have only taken about one day but I got so distracted by all the old photographs and clothes.

I think that boxes are also WAY too expensive. Each box is about $3.50 for just a cardboard box that you will never use again. You also need so many of them my room by itself took 4 boxes. Well I do have a lot of clothes though....

Something that I found that helped me pack were music and TV. It makes it go by a lot quicker and you have entertainment!

Oh happy packing!

xoxo
Jumping Into The Deepend

Signing Off:
Dreamgirl101

No comments:

Post a Comment